State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) membership comes with access to low loan rates, free checking, rewards and many exclusive services.
SDFCU is a not-for-profit financial services provider serving over 80,000 members worldwide. Visit about us to learn more about SDFCU.
Join in Three Easy Steps
Check your Eligibility
Join via D.O.S. affiliation, association membership, family relation, and more.
Gather your Information
Home address, Social Security number, driver's license / identification card.
Open your Account
Membership starts with a Savings account. It takes $1 to open, which we'll provide. Apply online or in a branch.
Foreign Service, Traveling, and Living Overseas
- ATM and foreign transaction fee reimbursement options on checking accounts
- Mortgage loan while living overseas and finance as a primary home
- Auto financing available even if car is garaged overseas
- No foreign transaction fees on any of our credit card options
- Competitively low wire transfer fees
Resources & Services
- Investment services
- Trusted real estate partnership
- Car-buying resources
- Life, home, auto and AD&D insurance options
- Free credit score access online or on our mobile app
- Coindexter Club youth financial education